Petroleum Landman School's courses provide an interactive learning environment which cover subjects such as title research, well status reports, regulatory requirements, creating accurate reports, understanding the many clauses of the oil and gas lease, wind farm lease, easements/ right-of-way agreements, oil and gas working interest and net revenue calculations, title curative issues and documents, and much more.
Few professions require more diversity of knowledge and skills and when considering the fact that no well is ever drilled, no wind tower, cellular tower, or pipeline is ever constructed without the services of a landman, the importance of the landman’s role cannot be overemphasized.
We have worked very hard to design comprehensive courses with principles and practical usage throughout each in the United States.
- Basic Combined Oil and Gas Title and Leasing Course: (32 Hours) – taught in classroom with instructor - Recommended First Course - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
The Petroleum Landman School oil and gas courses that are listed below are accredited by the AAPL:
- Basic Combined Course RL and RPL CE Credits 10.00
- Ethics Credits (included above) 1.00
- Oil and Gas Lease – Pitfalls and Implied Covenants RL, RPL, and CPL CE Credits 10.00
- Title Curative – What You Should Know RL and RPL CE Credits 10.00
- Held By Production - 7 CE Credits by the AAPL
- Calculating Working Interest & Net Revenue Interest - 7 CE Credits by the AAPL
All Classes that assigned continuing education credits from the different organizations that we are associated with will be post as they become available.
SPECIAL NOTE: All requests, such as, replacement materials or completion certificates must be submitted to the school via email at:
All requests and inquiries are very important and the school will respond as time allows. Please note that our administrators are instructors and working landmen and responses to inquiries and requests may take longer than expected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Course Tuition Structure
Call 405-202-9720 For Price for a 4 day course – BASIC COMBINED TITLE AND LEASE COURSE
Please note that tuition prices are subject to change without previous notification.
Courses Under Development
- Tests associated with our courses are ‘open book,’ essay question tests and are meant to be a way of further review only. They are designed to help you retain the material presented throughout the course. Some questions on the tests cover matter not in the manual, so taking good notes during class is suggested.
- All tests will take several hours to complete. It will be taken at home and you’ll email your completed test back to your instructor, afterwhich you will be emailed the correct answers. You will be responsible for grading your own test. Please note: the school reserves the right to grade or regrade any test submitted.
- If you are taking any of the courses to obtain continuing educational credits, be sure to check which organization the CEUs apply to.
- Online Courses have a "Do you Recall" test with each one