Petroleum Landman School's courses provide an interactive learning environment which cover subjects such as title research, well status reports, regulatory requirements, creating accurate reports, understanding the many clauses of the oil and gas lease, wind farm lease, easements/ right-of-way agreements, oil and gas working interest and net revenue calculations, title curative issues and documents, and much more.
Few professions require more diversity of knowledge and skills and when considering the fact that no well is ever drilled, no wind tower, cellular tower, or pipeline is ever constructed without the services of a landman, the importance of the landman’s role cannot be overemphasized.
We have worked very hard to design comprehensive courses with principles and practical usage throughout each in the United States.
- Basic Combined Oil and Gas Title and Leasing Course: (32 Hours) – taught in classroom with instructor - Recommended First Course - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
FREE (For a Limited Time) ONLINE COURSES FOR STUDENTS WHO TAKE THE BASIC COMBINED TITLE AND LEASE COURSE
- Online Chain of Title Workshop (FREE Online Course – see website for details – great follow up class to the Basic Combined Title and Lease Class – puts it to real practical use – chain title for 640 acres – Recommended Second Class) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Online Title Curative (FREE Online Course– see website for details - Recommended Third Class) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Online Held-By-Production (FREE Online Course – see website for details - Recommended Fourth Class) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Due Diligence for the Field Landman (FREE Online Course – see website for details - Recommended Fifth Class) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
NEW FREE ONLINE COURSES FOR STUDENTS WHO TAKE THE BASIC COMBINED TITLE AND LEASE COURSE – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Online Right-of-way Course (FREE Online Course – see website for details) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Pitfalls and Covenants of the Oil and Gas Lease – Free Online Course - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Calculating Working Interest and Net Revenue – (Included in the Held by Production Online Course) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
- Wind Energy for the Field Landman (FREE Online Course – see website for details) - CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
The Petroleum Landman School oil and gas courses that are listed below are accredited by the AAPL:
- Basic Combined Course RL and RPL CE Credits 10.00
- Ethics Credits (included above) 1.00
- Oil and Gas Lease – Pitfalls and Implied Covenants RL, RPL, and CPL CE Credits 10.00
- Title Curative – What You Should Know RL and RPL CE Credits 10.00
- Held By Production - 7 CE Credits by the AAPL
- Calculating Working Interest & Net Revenue Interest - 7 CE Credits by the AAPL
All Classes that assigned continuing education credits from the different organizations that we are associated with will be post as they become available.
SPECIAL NOTE: All requests, such as, replacement materials or completion certificates must be submitted to the school via email at:
All requests and inquiries are very important and the school will respond as time allows. Please note that our administrators are instructors and working landmen and responses to inquiries and requests may take longer than expected. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Course Tuition Structure
990.00 for a 4 day course – BASIC COMBINED TITLE AND LEASE COURSE
ONLINE CHAIN OF TITLE WORKSHOP - FREE*
ONLINE TITLE CURATIVE COURSE COURSE - FREE*
ONLINE HELD BY PRODUCTION COURSE - FREE*
as of April 10, 2013. - ONLINE DUE DILIGENCE COURSE - FREE*
*Indicated Courses are FREE (for a limited time) to students who have paid for and completed the Basic Combined Title and Lease Course.
Please note that tuition prices are subject to change without previous notification.
Courses Under Development
- Becoming a Right of Way Agent – Free Online Course
- Field Landman and Wind Energy – Free Online Course
- Pitfalls and Covenants of the Oil and Gas Lease – Free Online Course
- Calculating Working Interest and Net Revenue.
- Tests associated with our courses are ‘open book,’ essay question tests and are meant to be a way of further review only. They are designed to help you retain the material presented throughout the course. Some questions on the tests cover matter not in the manual, so taking good notes during class is suggested.
- All tests will take several hours to complete. It will be taken at home and you’ll email your completed test back to your instructor, afterwhich you will be emailed the correct answers. You will be responsible for grading your own test. Please note: the school reserves the right to grade or regrade any test submitted.
- If you are taking any of the courses to obtain continuing educational credits, be sure to check which organization the CEUs apply to.
- Online Courses have a "Do you Recall" test with each one